Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Winter Disaster Inventory

Mother Nature may have spared us from total Armageddon, but that doesn't mean the next winter blizzard or snowstorm is not around the corner.

Thanks to a week without power following Hurricane Sandy, I now know what I should stockpile to survive a few days without modern comforts like electricity or heat. I will never be a "prepper" since I do not believe any amount of stockpiling will help me if doomsday arrives, but I like to be ready should a snowstorm knock out my power in winter.

Here are some extra items from my winter disaster inventory, which consists of my actual purchases from Hurricane Sandy, as well as some wishlist items that I have now stocked. These are meant to complement the list found on ready.gov and my general pantry and kitchen items.


Read more on Yahoo Finance: First Person: Pricing My Winter Disaster Inventory

PS: A huge thank you to @YahooFinance for retweeting my article on Dec 27!

1 comment: