Friday, December 7, 2012

Economics 101 and my Christmas Tree

According to American Research Group, the average American wil spend $854 on Christmas gifts in 2012. How much should they spend on a Christmas tree?
When it came to buying my tree, I asked myself...

Real or fake? Big or small? Pine or fir? Pre-lit or not? Local nursery or big box retailer? Buying my Christmas tree was an easy decision once I applied what I had learned in Economics 101. These lessons guide all my purchases and keep me from overspending.

Read more on Yahoo Finance: First Person: The Economics of My Christmas Tree Purchase


1 comment:

  1. We got a brand new six-foot pre-lite tree at a garage sale for $10 about four years ago. It's been awesome and I love not having to buy a new tree each year. We just pack it back into its original box and away it goes in our storage space until next year.

    ReplyDelete